Have you experienced an accident or another traumatic event which caused you to fear for your life? If so, you may be experiencing some of the following symptoms:
- Flashbacks, in which you feel you are reliving the event
- Frequent distressing nightmares
- Dissociation, where you feel detached or preoccupied and find it difficult to concentrate
- Avoidance of people or places that remind you of the event
- Drinking, drug-taking, eating or working too much in order to avoid thinking about the event
- Feeling on guard, on the lookout for danger.