If you are experiencing emotional pain that just won’t go away, it is worth talking it through with a trained counsellor. Whilst family and friends can be very supportive, often they are not in a position to be impartial. A counsellor, who is not so close to your situation, can help you to see things more objectively and help you to find new ways forward.
In counselling, you can talk about anything that is bothering you, however large or small you think the problem is. Your concern may be about something that happened years ago, or you may need to talk about a particular problem in your current life. You may not even have a specific problem to bring but are aware of underlying feelings of unhappiness or confusion.
We have worked successfully with a wide range of issues and concerns, including:
- Depression and anxiety
- Being bullied, harassed, abused
- Relationship difficulties
- Exploring gender or sexuality
- Facing difficult decisions about the future
- Life transitions
- Addressing unwanted patterns of behaviour, eg. unhealthy eating habits, self-harming
- The impact of past physical, emotional or sexual abuse
- Trauma symptoms
If you’d like to set up an initial meeting to explore the possibility of counselling, please contact us.